Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Emily Hubbel: Day +2-6 Updates of Stem Cell #2 Transplant

Emily Hubbel: Day +2-6 Updates of Stem Cell #2 Transplant


I have followed Emily on her journey through Nueroblastoma for a while now. I can't remember how I came across her story, but it is one I will never forget. I have read her mother's post like a book I can't set down. Not because I like what is happening by any means but because I am always eager to see what Emily's day has brought her.

A few months ago I didn't think about the possibility of childhood cancer. I guess it's one of those things we never want to face. But the fact is, that a lot of us do have to face it. We tend to go through life hoping that bad things never come our way or feeling as if we are invincible, but bad things do happen and we are NOT invincible. I guess my reason for sharing this is so that you can become aware of the possibility of cancer. Maybe by me sharing Emily's story, someone else can get an earlier diagnosis. Or that they may be aware of the statistics and help others be aware. I plan to follow Emily on her journey and I hope you will take the time to do so as well. Share her story, help others be aware.

Most of all send them love and encouragement. This story is about an amazing little girl, but she is backed by an amazing family. Get to know them, stop by her page and read her story. It will touch not only your heart, but it may change the way you look at life!

In a few days I  will be announcing details for an upcoming auction that Diaper Designs by Kim will be hosting to help support Emily on her journey. Emily is required to travel quite often with stays in the hospital that force her and her family  to not only be apart, but also be away from home. I will be asking sponsors to donate an item that friends/fans/followers can bid on for one week. All money raised in this auction will be sent to Emily and her family, to help with the daily struggles of battling her childhood cancer. I hope that you will check back to get more details on this event, and more importantly I hope that you will make the decision to support it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment